A Complete Guide – How To Measure Your Body
If you are going to shop online, one thing you should keep in your mind is your perfect body measurement except this you have to measure your accurate size for different reasons as well. Let’s suppose if you are going to start your dieting or gym, you should have an idea of how much weight you are going to start. Everyone should know how how to measure his/her body before taking any step toward online shopping. Here is a complete guide from Oujeer that will help you in a better way how to take an accurate measurement of your body.
What you will need?
The best way is to take the correct measurement is to get someone to take your body measurement, you must have a good tape or you can also measure your body, all you need to stand in front of the mirror standstill, and put the tape in the right position. Keep in your mind while taking measurements of your body make sure that you are only wearing undergarments, avail taking measurements while wearing jeans, sweaters, and other bulky garments makes difference.
How to place a tape for measurement?
One thing you should remember that is necessary to keep in everyone’s mind, our body tissues are very soft when we measure with the body we usually tighten the tab and our measurement goes wrong, so while measuring with tape you should just place the tab around your body never stretch it too much, you can keep your finger behind the tape and note down the measurement.
Measuring the body
A- Bust: wrap the measurement tape around the fullest part of your bust, always use plastic tape bring it around your breast and down the number of measurements, you can also do it yourself, bring around the tape, cover your breast, and put it down the elbow.
B- Chest: Men can also measure their chest by wrapping the plastic tape all around their chest, don’t stretch the tape, placing a finger behind the tape, and putting down both elbows for perfect measurement.
C- Waist: For perfect waist measurement, you should bend your body, the exact place that goes bend it your waist, wrap this place around with help of tape or elastic bend and take a correct measurement.
D- Hips: For hips measurement, you should wrap the tape at the full part of the body through which you have a seat.
E- High Hip: For this measurement, you have to measure around the fullest part, 3 to 4 inches below your waist, it will help you in a great way if you are shopping for skin-fit jeans or skirts.
F- Front waist length: For perfect outfit shopping, it is important to measure your front waist length, now place tape from should where you have the neck base and point it to the waist.
G- Back Waist Length: You have to measure from the neck base, be sure to start from the center to the waistline.
H- Arm Length: It is important to have perfect sleeves loose and big sleeves will never give you good looks. You need to measure your arms perfectly, place the measuring tape on the shoulder bone, bend your elbow and get a point on the edge of the elbow. It is very important to bend the elbow to measure the movement to make your sleeves.
How to Measure For Pants
1. Thigh– Just below the crotch, around the leg.
2. Knee– Measure around the knee with the knee slightly flexed.
3. Calf– Measure the widest part below the knee.
4. Instep– Measure around the heel over the instep. This measurement is necessary for narrow tapered pants. Be sure to allow enough room for the foot to slip through.
Benefits of Perfect Body Measurement
- The first benefit of the body measurement is your fabric will never run out, if you are stitching yourself, then you can save some fabric and get perfect fit and smart looks.
- Online shopping makes your life easy, you can get everything at your door, in the busiest life you can’t find time to go out to purchase outfits, just visit Oujeer and order it but you must know your perfect body measurement to get fit and perfect outfits.
- If you are starting dieting to lose weight, you must know your weight and body size so that you can get an idea of how much you should reduce your body size.